Wednesday, August 13, 2008

High School Never Ends

This weekend I was in the mall...spending the final pay check that I had received on Saturday. Minding my business and enjoying the feeling of not being broke, I ran into a girl I went to high school with. After a couple times of running into each other in H & M she asked me if I was going to a party of a guy we went to High School with (I could go into detail about the guy but that is neither here nor there for this story). I will say that he was a jock and still is one in College. Star basketball player with the Mansion for a house..equiped with a pool, waterfall and full basketball court. Anyways she told me I should come to the party because everyone from high school would be there. By everybody...we all know she meant...all the popular kids from high school would be there. I'm not gonna act like I wasn't popular..because I kinda was...but u get my point.
Long story short I show up at this house (My DREAM house...equipped with Full basketball court, waterfall and pool) and realize that I'm about to step into a time machine. I walk in (well not really cuz the part was outside. I see some people I recognize and immediatly attach myself to them. At these parties u look stupid just walking aroun by yourself. I begin conversation with the two youg women and I see that one of them is pregnant...expecting any day now lol. The other keeps referring to her son...and I'm sitting there confused for a second. Then As we walk around a little bit more and talk to other people we went to high school with they all reference their aparent children. One person found it necessary to justify her being at this party by yelling 'I AINT NOBODY MOTHER TONIGHT'...as if that wasn't bad enough it just kept happening...after a while I started to play a game in my mind to find a girl I went to high school with that didn't have any children and was not pregnant. It was hard to say the least.
The party was cool though. It was nice seeing everyone again...and seeing the faces of the people who couln't believe I would even be at the party. Since high scool I haven't really stayed in contact with anyone in particular. The guy whose party it was came over and said hi to me. If I was any girl-ier than I already am I might have giggled and blushed when he called me by name lol. I left after a while because everyone was drunk and as everyone knows...The Young Lady don't drink.

1 comment:

Lucky said...

Running into HS people is always weird..esp if they act like y'all were cool when you really weren't...LOL