Monday, August 11, 2008

WHILE I WAS FEARING IT, IT CAME

This summer I have been recking my brain trying to remember a very dear poem to me. This was my favorite poem in High School and I could't remember it for anything recently. Well this morning one of the line just came to me and as soon as I got to work I typed that chopped up line into google and sure enough the poem came up.

Please read it and let me know what you think. A lot of us are motivatd by fear...and that motivation usually leads to inacation or action that is not reasonable. This poem hits home for me in my personal struggles growing into a woman and getting over fear. For so long I let the things that scared me or the things that intimidated me dictate what I went after and what I aspired to be and what my ambitions looked like. I was a coward and I KNOW God did not give me a Spirit of fear!

Emily Dickinson: "While I was Fearing it, it Came"

WHILE I was fearing it, it came,
But came with less of fear,
Because that fearing it so long
Had almost made it dear.
There is a fitting a dismay,
A fitting a despair.
’T is harder knowing it is due,
Than knowing it is here.
The trying on the utmost,
The morning it is new,
Is terribler than wearing it
A whole existence through.

No comments: